top of page
Search

EP. 223 How to Be Financially Blessed


To View the Video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/fg-Rf7D8CeE


SHOW NOTES


Welcome to this week’s episode of the Hope Rescue Podcast! We’re kicking off a new series on money and financial blessings from a biblical perspective.


In the Old Testament, blessing was closely tied to obedience to the Mosaic Law. God promised to bless those who followed His commandments. However, in the New Testament, we live under the covenant of grace, where blessing comes first, and obedience follows as a response to God’s love and grace.


Ephesians 1:3 tells us, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places." This means that all spiritual blessings are ours when we are united with Christ. Belief in Jesus Christ as our Savior grants us access to these blessings.


2 Corinthians 9:6-15 says:

"The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. As it is written, “He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.” He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God. For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God. By their approval of this service, they will glorify God because of your submission that comes from your confession of the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others, while they long for you and pray for you, because of the surpassing grace of God upon you. Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!"


This passage encourages us to give cheerfully and generously, assuring us that God will provide for our needs and enable us to be generous, which in turn produces thanksgiving and glorifies God.


It's important to understand that the Bible does not teach that giving money will result in receiving more money. The idea that financial giving guarantees financial return is known as the prosperity gospel, which is unbiblical. The real blessing lies in the act of giving itself, not in what we might receive in return. Tim says specifically, "The blessing is not something you get back. The blessing is in the giving."


Tim and Kimberly wrap up the episode by recommending the 80/20 budget. This budgeting strategy involves living on 80% of your income and allocating the remaining 20% to giving and long-term investments. This approach helps ensure that you are both generous and financially prudent.


We have the privilege of being used by God to bless others through our giving. When we give with the right heart, it brings glory to God and meets the needs of others.

Join us next week as we continue our series on financial wisdom and explore more biblical principles for managing our resources.



0 views0 comments

Comentarios


bottom of page